It would be better to delete only the data item whose name is the urlsnooper path.
To do this you have to know to double up the backslashes.
However, having stumbled upon this at lingobit
I tried changing the value instead.
Replacing "EXE with "" had no effect; it gets reinstated.
But replacing "EXE" with "DLL" provokes an error message on startup:
title: 'Localizer Error' text: 'Language "German" is not found' button: 'OK'
On pressing 'OK' the normal url snooper window appears (using English).
The registry entry retains the "DLL" value, so this modification doesn't need repeating
It probably imagines I want "German" because my LCID in ControlPanel/International is 807.
But my win98SE is 409 and I expect English.
Well, I didn't understand the undiscerning Regedit file in your earlier post.
However I was able to guess at what you were indicating in this post, re. replacement of "EXE" with "DLL".
I did not understand the issue of the double backslashes. But didn't need to, I guess.
The DLL replacement for EXE in the Data field modifyer worked so nice, I can't help smiling, at a solution after about 30 hours of intermittent and mostly unsuccessful work. I LOVE clicking on the button to tell the machine "English is not found." A human confusing a computer program into doing a mistake, that results in what the human needs, is a very pleasing role reversal.
So now urlsnooper opens and closes reliably on my windows millenium machine, thanks to
this rube goldberg misdirect of a dysfunction.
Now I have to figure out how to get urlsnooper to find anything useful in it's packet sniffing.
Thousands of packets eventually mount up, but nothing shows, except for a partial url the very first time packets were sniffed. Now no urls or even partial urls, even from multimedia sites, with streaming audio-video.