ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I have lost hibernation ability in my laptop :(

(1/1)

urlwolf:
I have no idea why, but after a clean winXP install and reinstalling all the newest versions of drivers galore, I have lost hibernation ability in my laptop.

The options when clicking shutdown in the start menu are: log ogg, stand by, restart. no "shift click" possible to get hibernation as an option. Using keyboard shortcuts for hibernation gets me into stand by mode.

Have you experienced anything like this? Is this due to some missing driver? Can this happen to a desktop pc as well?

mouser:
yes i have experience stuff like this - when doing a clean OS install over the built-in operating system install by laptop manufacturer.  lost my special mouse touchpad functions, etc.  I think the solution is locating the special drivers/software for your laptop.

however there is also power options where you can enable/disable hibernation, check your control panel.

jgpaiva:
If you can't press the button, it probably is the control panel options' fault.

urlwolf:
yep, there is a tab called hibernation, with a checkbox "enable hibernation". What a simple solution. Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version