Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site December 19, 2014, 09:49:51 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: FindAndRunRobot.exe with tray icon?  (Read 7302 times)
mario_a
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: April 02, 2005, 02:48:10 PM »

Hi,

Thanks for this excellent and useful piece of software.

I have a small suggestions to make:

You might want to mention somewhere in the Help file that the "-tray" command line parameter launches the main program (FindAndRunRobot.exe) in tray mode.

I say this because I chose to install the program without the Start menu shortcuts, and FindAndRunRobot.exe exited each time I executed any program in the search list.  This left me wondering what might be going wrong, until I finally discovered (after reinstalling with the Start menu shortcuts) the Start menu item which uses the "-tray" parameter, and keeps the program running in Tray mode in the background.

Thanks,
Mario
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 02:51:52 PM »

good idea mario, i will add this to the help file in the next relase.
mario_a
Participant

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 03:04:55 PM »

Thanks for the quick reply, Mouser.

Another minor thing which I think you can fix easily :
On the "Configuration" tab of the Options window, all items except "Stop search exact alias match" show help text on the status bar when the mouse is hovered over them.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 05:30:24 PM »

thanks again, will be fixed in next release.

i really love these bug reports, can't tell you guys how much they help me  Kiss
going to have to add some new smilies to express my appreciation  embarassed
kfitting
Charter Member

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2005, 06:39:30 AM »

Another quick report... wont say whether its me being stupid or a bug just yet!  I saved my configuration to another file (kevin.ini).  Now, everytime I exit FindRun and restart the program, my settings are all reset.  Even after I reload the new ini file my search folders still dont update until I try to create a new entry in the list.  Is this me?  Thanks,

Kevin
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005, 10:49:09 AM »

kfitting i think you are right, seems to be happening to me too.
ill try to fix in next version, though to tell the truth i cant really remember why i added the ability to save to different configuration file anyway  embarassed

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2005, 02:41:42 PM »

btw, find&run is going to get my attention and lots of new features added as soon as the process tamer 2 update is done, so keep the suggestions coming.
kfitting
Charter Member

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2005, 04:09:53 PM »

One quick suggestion is to somehow give the user a way to halt the search updating. For example, the user starts typing and the results start coming into the results box.  The user sees one he/she likes but by the time they have pressed the number to launch it, it has been moved!  I understand that you can turn off automatic updating in the options, but perhaps you could have a key that, when pressed, would stop the box from updating.  The search would continue however, and when the user released the key (or tapped it again possibly) the screen would resume updating with the current search results.

Sorry if that was confusing... I realize the demand for this could be pretty minimal.  I only suggest it because I have done it quite a few times.  Let me know if you have any questions as to what I mean.  Also, if it adversly affects program complexity, consider it "not suggested!"

Kevin
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2005, 06:09:54 PM »

not a strange request at all - in fact this happened to me too, which is why i added esc keep to halt search.

i could add another hotkey too if esc is too strange.
kfitting
Charter Member

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2005, 06:57:13 PM »

Could you add a hammer that comes out of the computer to hit people who dont read help files?  Should have checked first, sorry!  have fun,

Kevin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.027s | Server load: 0.12 ]