ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FileHamster - auto incremental file monitor/backup as you work - and free!

<< < (2/9) > >>

nudone:
it monitors any file type - i've tried txt files but not doc.

and you can turn the popups off. or most of them depending how you've told it monitor things.

iphigenie:
i like the extension to connect it to diff tool to compare two versions

nudone:
i like the extension to connect it to diff tool to compare two versions
-iphigenie (February 16, 2007, 12:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

i didn't know that.

Mogware Support:
it appears that making edits using ACDSee seems to confuse FileHamster - if i make the same edits with Photoshop then the program works as expected.
-nudone (February 16, 2007, 03:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

We just tested this and found that ACDSee listed the 'All Users\My Documents\My Pictures' rather than the correct 'My User\My Documents\My Pictures'.  FileHamster was able to properly detect the image change once we added an additional watch on the 'All Users\My Documents'  folder.

We are making a bit of an assumption that you experienced the same thing we did.  If this wasn't the problem, please let us know the version of ACDSee you are using so we can investigate this on our end.

Thanks,
JohnRen

Mogware Support:
Does this work with office docs?
Has anyone tried? It looks a bit obstructive with the popups...
Is there a similar freeware tool for say word docs?
-urlwolf (February 16, 2007, 09:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

We did spend a lot of time making sure it works with a vast variety of products.  In fact, some of them were pretty tricky because they would potentially create several temp files during the saving process.  Please let us know if you find an application that doesn't work.

We have some nice inheritable options that can be set on an entire library, watch or individual document that alters FileHamster’s detection behaviors.  If we don't automatically support the saving schema, you should be able to tweak these settings enough to get it to work properly.

Thanks,
JohnRen

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version