Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 02, 2014, 11:51:36 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Website design recommendations for a small business site?  (Read 10104 times)
steeladept
Supporting Member

Fettucini alfredo is macaroni & cheese for adults

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2009, 10:34:22 PM »

I see.  Well my idea would not require a CRM solution, but if you want that, I can see where that would be a significant problem.  I don't know that I could help you beyond putting you in touch with my friend who does the dynamic sites.  He may well have a junior programmer at his company that may cost less.

BTW - if it does become a fully customized site, perhaps the best way would be to create the site and put the text in dynamically via a text file tied to certain fields.  Kinda like CSS, but for the specific content?  Just a thought.  Maybe that is how the CRM systems work, I don't know.
tranglos
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2009, 05:54:36 PM »

They are usually images- they are given as blank images, and you are given the fonts to put what you want on them yourself.  I usually convert them to photoshop format, then create a new layer for the text and any effects.  Then I save the psd files for later use and flatten them for the actual web images.

Look at this template for an example: http://www.4templates.com...css-templates/20/VA0113BL
And my website: http://www.ankhana.net

I apologize for replying so late. That was very, very helpful, thanks so much, wraith! (Fantastic choice of template for your site, too - really beautiful and fitting.)

I'm about ready to give up on Joomla and it looks like I'll just go with a static site again, so I might revisit those templates.

BuildaJoomlaWebsite
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2010, 10:07:07 PM »

Joomla can take a little getting used to but I found some excellent videos to get you started at http://www.buildajoomlawebsite.com/ (they aren't free but only cost $10).

Hi Carol - thank you for mentioning my videos. By the way a revised version is now available and all 19 videos are free.
Carol Haynes
Waffles for England (patent pending)
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2010, 02:11:07 PM »

You are welcome.  cheesy

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.033s | Server load: 0.07 ]