topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 6:10 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: PHP Class "SendFileAndLog"  (Read 4843 times)

JoTo

• Super Honorary
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
PHP Class "SendFileAndLog"
« on: February 22, 2007, 06:15 AM »
Hi DCs,

a few weeks ago i was in need of a possibility to log downloads that happen on my webpages.

As i don't find one that fit my needs, and was interested in the "how to do it" thingy too, i decided to write my own php class for that. And while working on it, i was asked by another DC-Member if i know a way to log downloads on his webpage, and then mouser told me that he can use one too.

So i decided to expand my quick and dirty class for my private usage to a full featured, well documented and customizable class. Then added some whistles and bells (ideas coming from mouser) and now make it available to the public.

Some of the main features of the class that i and mouser had in mind are:

• Get a detailed log for every download with many informations
  • Get statistics that is updated leightweight and fast and can be shown "live" on a webpage
  • Easy to use for novice users but customizable enough for experts
  • Use it from plain html without any php coding (via an included helperscript) or from your own php script
  • Log files are kept in plaintext csv format for easy manual manipulation and analysis, so no database is needed
  • Hides the true download location of the file to prevent direct linking if you want
  • Preserve counters even when file names change
  • Safe and Secure

For more Info, all features, documentation and download go to the SendFileAndLog homepage:

Of course the class is free (Donationware).

sfal.pngPHP Class "SendFileAndLog"
A sample of the "live" statistic embedded in a webpage

If you have some comments, suggestions, bugreports or feature wishes, please contact me. I'll appreciate any feedback.

I hope s.o. will find the class useful. And again many thanks to mouser for his ideas, contributions and support while developing the class.

Greetings
JoTo
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 06:33 AM by JoTo »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: PHP Class "SendFileAndLog"