ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Note taking software and Web Services

(1/1)

KenR:
Fantastic listing of text editing for multiple topics such as basic note taking and programming.

...I started thinking about all the services I’ve used for taking notes and thought it would be a good idea to share them with you and while I’m at it, to make a list of any others that I find. Now, when it comes to note taking, I personally look for quick and simple. If I have something on my mind, I don’t want to go through some advanced system and climb a mountain just to save a note for myself. There won’t be all the note taking tools out there on my list, but ones that I feel get the job done well...

--- End quote ---

http://www.solutionwatch.com/368/fifty-ways-to-take-notes/

from www.stumbleupon.com

tranglos:
Great find, thank you. One thing to notice though is how many of those are paid online services. Putting my notes on somebody else's server is a huge risk, so much so I don't think I want to pay for the privilege as well :)

Does anyone recall how Hotmail deleted many users' mail archives - I mean, entirely obliterated them! - a few years ago?

I've used Google Notebook during a business trip recently, and it worked fine. Being able to access it at the office and from my hotel room was incredibly useful. But I wouldn't use it for anything sensitive or any information I could risk losing, if Google decided to pull the service one day.

On a totally unrelated note, the list is also great for watching the wasteland that the domain name system has become. With all (and I mean all) English dictionary terms and useful combination thereof registered by DNS squatters, it's incredibly hard to come up with a pronounceable and illustrative name. I mean, "subifoo"? :) I've just spent several nights hunting for an available domain name that would fit a project I'm working on, and while I finally hit on an acceptable name, it was a really frustrating experience.

Dr-Leech:
Oldie but nice..
Thanks KenR!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version