topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 10:08 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: ScreenshotCaptor Upgrade not working?  (Read 4789 times)

klk

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
ScreenshotCaptor Upgrade not working?
« on: February 08, 2007, 09:32 PM »
Hello
I just downloaded the Screenshot Captor v2.30.02-Beta version. First I uninstalled the older version, deleted the folder for it, then installed this new Beta version. It installed fine, but in the Help->ABout/License it still keeps showing the version to be Screenshot Captor v2.13.02 by DonationCoder. I even generated a new 6 month license key and entered it, but no difference. How do I know it is really the new version and not the old one? Thanks.
 :(
Khan

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: ScreenshotCaptor Upgrade not working?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 09:44 PM »
first things first:
you don't have to uninstall old version before installing the new version, just install new over old.

HOWEVER,
you do have to make sure the program is *not* still running in the tray when you install the new version.

It sounds like that might be the case for you.  Make sure you right click on the screenshot captor icon in your system tray and choose exit.

Then install the new verison and assuming it doesnt complain about not being able to replace a file that is in use, you should be ok.

Let me know.

klk

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 09:39 PM »
Seems the problem is gone. Tnx for the tips. But there is another issue I have. Each time I boot up, ScreenCaptor appears to be starting out minimized in the start bar. But in the preferences I did not select it. All I selected is to appear in tray on startup like others. Clicking on this minimized does not bring up anything. It disappears usually on clicking several times, or wait till the PC is all booted up and ready. Then one click and this minimized thingy disappears. This has been happening ever since I started using ScreenCaptor and not tied to any particular version or to a PC. I have it on all 3-4 PCs I have it running on.
It does not interfere with usage, just a little annoyance.

Tnx
Khan :-[

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 11:06 PM »
i've seen this before myself, im going to replace the tray icon which should solve it.