topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 2:59 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: CTRL-Click not capturing regions in RedBox mode  (Read 4729 times)

katykaty

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
CTRL-Click not capturing regions in RedBox mode
« on: February 11, 2007, 03:19 PM »
Haven't needed to do a region capture for a while - and now it seems that it's not working  :(

When I've got my region correct CTRL-clicking doesn't do anything. I can right click and select 'capture object now' from the context menu but this superimposes the menu line on the capture image - example attached.

I know the keys are working fine as I see the XP concentric lines zooming on the mouse pointer when I release CTRL. I can't be sure that nothing else is hijacking CTRL-click though nothing else seems to happen in any other app.

I'm using v2.30.04 but I've just had a look at my laptop which uses v2.28.06 and I get the same issue.

Everything works fine without RedBox.

Oh, and no, I don't have the delay on  ;)

Any suggestions?

Thanks  :)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: CTRL-Click not capturing regions in RedBox mode
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 03:23 PM »
try this just to see what's up:
instead of ctrl+mouseclick, try just Right Ctrl key (which doesnt need a mouse click).

katykaty

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 04:01 PM »
I'm an idiot  :)

Of course, it didn't occur to me that it was because I was CTRL-clicking the redbox caption. When I tried CTRL-clicking within the selection area itself it worked perfectly

:-[

Pressing the right-CTRL key on its own (while the focus was within the selection box) also worked, except since I have Highlight the pointer when you press Ctrl set in Mouse Preferences I get the concentric circles appearing in the capture. This isn't a problem with CTRL-Click as the capture triggers on the click, so by the time you let go of CTRL triggering the concentric circles the capture's already been done.

Maybe there could be an option to make the trigger  pressing down, rather than letting go, of the CTRL key, or to add a minimum delay of a second or so when activating with a CTRL key?

Anyway, thanks for the fast reply Mouser - sorry it was such a dumb question  :D

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 04:23 PM »
not dumb at all, in fact i can see now why people might try ctrl clicking on caption so i will make that work as well.