ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Poll : What is the most useless key on the keyboard

<< < (5/7) > >>

katykaty:
The one in the top left corner next to the numbers - with a capital L laying on its side, an apostrophe swaying over at 45 degrees, and a vertical line.

Lashiec:
I'm split between the "Insert" key, and the "Scroll Lock" one. Does anyone knows the utility of these keys? :huh:

tranglos:
I'm split between the "Insert" key, and the "Scroll Lock" one. Does anyone knows the utility of these keys? :huh:
-Lashiec (February 12, 2007, 07:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, see my post above :)

CWuestefeld:
I have a coworker who actually physically removes his CapsLock key.

For me, I'd kill SysRq if it weren't attached to PrintScreen. Its story is just too sad, at least as I heard it. At a hardware level, this key is what should carry the ctl-alt-del function of Windows: it's interrupt isn't maskable even when some rogue process has run away with your CPU. But MS dropped the ball on this decades ago.

tomos:
I voted caps lock,
but:
just got the idea here lately to "swap" Ctrl & Caps Lock keys (in some thread where they were talking about Wordstar amongst others ..)

I personally have disabled Apps (context menu) key, (well now it's Ctrl as well, courtesy AHK) -
cause I keep hitting it by mistake when using Ctrl+__ combinations. (Bad [lefthanded] keyboard user!)

This poll is to find out what keys might be good to use for shortcuts in small/quick scripts.-Brett
--- End quote ---
I think right windows key would be a good choice - I never use it - not even accidentally  :)

Scoll Key - didn't even know it - anyone know what its called on a german keyboard .. ahh, "Rollen" I guess, I've never used it.
just checked:
"English" Laptop (Old IBM thinkpad) has only one key Num Lck/Scrl Lck (works with shift i guess)

Dug out an english speaking keyboard - has "Turbo" but dont think theres an equivalent on the deutsch one

EDIT: changed vote to "other windows key"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version