ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Poll : What is the most useless key on the keyboard

(1/7) > >>

brett:
If you had to physically remove a key from your keyboard, what one could you do without.

It has to be a single key, so combinations are not allowed.
No multimedia extra buttons are in this poll, just a standard keyboard.

This poll is to find out what keys might be good to use for shortcuts in small/quick scripts.

After this poll has finished, I will also do a poll for the most annoying Key on the Keyboard.

poll runs for 30days

Brett

jgpaiva:
Add more options!! More specifically a "other" option and "don't care" option.
For me, the most useless (and also the most anoying) key in my keyboard is definitelly the 'insert' key. I always wondered why people invented that thing. I even removed it from my external keyboard, because i kept inadvertely pressing it, and overwriting stuff!

nudone:
can't vote as there isn't a 'scroll lock' or an 'insert'. i'd include 'pause break' but mouser found a use for that key. i guess numlock doesn't have much use if you don't use the arrow keys on the numpad - who does?

kfitting:
Well, at work I press scroll lock all the time - it's part of my KVM's hotkey (uncustomizable). 

But, I would have to say that the "right-click" key is the most unused key on my keyboard.

The other two that are right up there are right-ctrl and right-alt, in that order.

Kevin

cranioscopical:
i guess numlock doesn't have much use if you don't use the arrow keys on the numpad - who does?
--- End quote ---
I do.

(Personally, I always find f29 to be a bit of a stretch, though.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version