ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

CPU Usage shoots up to 100% !?!

<< < (4/7) > >>

Armando:
Many years ago, I had to work with a 3d app (poser) that forced the CPU usage to 100%... And guess what? CpuIdle did the trick too. It reduced the CPU usage to the minimum, without slowing down anything. Go figure.  :)

PS. And it wasn't some kind of  cheap "trick"... Let me tell you, the PC temperature dropped dramatically... No more fan sounding like the computer was going to take off.

lanux128:
yes, i am pretty pleased myself with CPUIdle.. :Thmbsup: maybe we can try to get a discount for DC members, prefereably before my trial period runs out.. ;)

wreckedcarzz:
I have had/am having a similar problem, whereas even during idle times, my CPU will jump up to 100% and the heatsink fan will go INSANE (if you know what a PS2 sounds like, take that up a knotch, and you have my CPU fan). :tellme: :o >:(

I tried CPUIdle and it helped (a lot), but the pricetag drives me away - I found a freeware program but development stopped several years ago when the company went out of buisness (and it doesn't support Vista, obviously).

I was going to ask once I started reading of we could get a discount on it, as it would help me keep my hearing for more then the next month ;D but I already see lanux has hinted at that.

lanux128:
I was going to ask once I started reading of we could get a discount on it, as it would help me keep my hearing for more then the next month ;D but I already see lanux has hinted at that.-wreckedcarzz (August 19, 2007, 11:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
i had already notified cthorpe and he has e-mailed the author. let's keep our fingers crossed.. :)

lanux128:
just a small update.. there is a known problem where upon installing WinXP SP2, the CPU usage maxes out at 100%. probably it's not related to me as mine is an Abit motherboard related problem but i was curious to try it out.

so as per instruction, i requested for this hot-fix by giving them my email but it has been like 3 days and i've yet receive any reply.. :o even though, there was a notice saying: "A Microsoft Professional will respond to you via e-mail within 8 business hours."

• http://support.microsoft.com/kb/890582

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version