ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

CPU Usage shoots up to 100% !?!

(1/7) > >>

lanux128:
i have a problem with this PC where upon launching of a program, the CPU Usage shoots up to 100% eventhough it's not a resource demanding program.. it's a newly installed WinXP SP2 with no internet connection. other specs: Pentium 3 400MHz, 640MB RAM, Geforce4 MX440, etc..

i've tried scanning for spyware & viruses (eventhough the OS is newly installed), defragmented the hard-drive, tried changing the drivers for the graphic card. now, i'm thinking of hooking it up to the internet & run the windows update but before that, i thought i'd make a post here.. so does anyone knows why this happens? also attached some screenshots to explain this crazy thing..

mouser:
could it be your antiivirus?

lanux128:
there is no anti-viruses installed yet.. i scanned from a USB drive..

mouser:
well clearly in your screenshot its not a mystery, wherestigger.exe is using all your cpu.

lanux128:
that's what i'm trying to find out, why is it using all my cpu? not only that program, any program that is launched, as can be seen in the 2nd screenshot..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version