ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Word Processor Roundup

3rd Party Tools like Bibliography Addins

<< < (4/5) > >>

doug-jensen:
Zotero does now have word integration. We are calling it an "alpha," but it works fine in my experience; read more here: http://www.zotero.org/blog/feature-spotlight-zotero-microsoft-word-integration-alpha/
-rrosenzw (February 14, 2007, 11:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Doesn't seem to support IEEE and ACM formats so many of CS and EE types can't use it.

doug-jensen:
This is one of my pet peeves because its something that academia should fund.. It's too big a job for me to work on without pay unfortunately.
-mouser (February 12, 2007, 06:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Most of the academics I know use TeX and bibTeX.

Darwin:
Everyone in my department uses either Endnote or Procite.

MBNelson:
I definitely rely on endnote x, but the main reason isn't citation and bibliography. 

Instead, I find it to be a fantastic database system.  Each record contains (a) the obvious bibliography information, often downloaded automatically through the "connect" feature; (b) my research notes on the source; and (c) the actual source if I downloaded it or scanned it into my computer.  In fact, every single document I download and plan to use is now stored in EndNote (nearly a thousand journal articles).

Until other "bibliography" software catches up with such features, I think EndNote will be hard to beat.

TomColvin:
Again, late to the discussion...   I'm currently evaluating a number of bibliographic software programs, after abandoning Citation 9, among them Biblioscape 7.04, EndNote Scholar's Aid, along with Nota Bene.

While EndNote has the cleanest interface and seems very stable, it simply will NOT import my Citation database.  Nor does Scholar's Aid.  Biblioscape and NotaBene brought in the Citation database without undue trouble [tho it's taking a lot of time fine tuning the info, getting into the proper fields].

Biblioscape has novel and, for me, essential note-taking capabilities that go well beyond what the others offer.  I'm liking what I see.  CAUTION, however:  even tho it is now out of beta, the program remains buggy.  "Fixes" are coming out every few days, and the developer is extremely responsive to comments in the user forum.  My fingers are crosed for this one!

Tom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version