ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Word Processor Roundup

3rd Party Tools like Bibliography Addins

<< < (2/5) > >>

mouser:
This is one of my pet peeves because its something that academia should fund.. It's too big a job for me to work on without pay unfortunately.

Darwin:
Yeah. Even at "academic" pricing, unless the institution has a site license covering students, many students are expected to pay in excess of $100 for Endnote. I know that a lot of Universities provide site license coverage for grad students, but mine didn't... So I've got a chip on my shoulder about having coughed up the full price for it (couldn't prove that I was a student as Uni is in England, I am in Canada, and my student card expired long ago, though I'm still (barely) on the books). Anyway, it's a pet peeve for me, too, but I fully understand why you're not in a position to code it by yourself without some funding.

OldElmerFudd:
It's a shame there isn't more support for these apps at the university level. I used EndNote for a long time, but got tired of the constant "encouragement" to upgrade from v.6. I switched to Procite and prefer it. Because of my work, I purchase at the academic price structure. The full retail for these two is excessive, imho, and reflects a tendency by some developers to take advantage of specialized needs. Maybe they know something I don't! 
:tellme:

Just my 2 pennies
OEF

urlwolf:
I'm secretly hoping that zotero develops a plugin for word and we can say goodbye to endNote. I agree, the functionality added in the last 4 versions  doesn't justify an update.

rrosenzw:
Zotero does now have word integration. We are calling it an "alpha," but it works fine in my experience; read more here: http://www.zotero.org/blog/feature-spotlight-zotero-microsoft-word-integration-alpha/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version