Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 27, 2014, 11:13:08 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the Practical Guide to DonationCoder.com Forum Search Features

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: My Bookmarks feature added to site - thanks to Leipe_Po  (Read 6993 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: July 08, 2006, 08:04:04 AM »

ive installed the bookmark mod for smf written by Leipe_Po
http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=350

seems to work pretty well.  so thanks to Leipe_Po for the nice feature, i know many people here have wanted it.  thumbs up

see if you can figure out how to use it.  tongue

« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 08:08:55 AM by mouser » Logged
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 08:09:36 AM »

fantastic - long overdue, but just one question - if it can be modified further...

it's not essential but it would be nice to have a kind of 'check' box to delete several bookmarks at a time - it's just the kind of thing you get used to seeing so it seems strange when it's not there.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 08:12:12 AM »

good idea..
i plan on doing some mods to this so i can use it for other purposes, so i dont think this should be a problem.
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 08:17:21 AM »

This is a nice one, it'll be much easier to find long-lost posts if i start bookmarking them cheesy

Josh
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 09:22:30 AM »

Thanks to all involved! Indeed a very useful feature.

Strength in Knowledge
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 09:27:41 AM »

another question...

do old(ish) topics/posts get deleted sometimes?

i originally thought that the forum moderators were 'culling' old topics on the rare occasion but from what Carol was recently saying i assume that isn't actually happening.

it was a few months ago but i'm sure i did a thorough search for something and never found it - i just assumed the thread had been deleted, but as i said above, Carol's remarks indicate otherwise.

???
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 09:30:37 AM »

@nudone: i believe someone already mentioned this, but it might be cody's evil brother's doings tongue

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 09:39:40 AM »

there is NO pruning of posts from the forum..

carol has mentioned a couple of times looking for an old post she made and not being able to find it.. i wish i could figure out how to track down such issues.. if we can figure out any case of posts dissapearing i will try to figure out how it could happen.
Rover
Master of Smilies
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2006, 11:07:27 AM »

Sweet!  Thmbsup  dance  beerchug 

Insert Brilliant Sig line here
Carol Haynes
Waffles for England (patent pending)
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2006, 11:33:59 AM »

Nice new feature - if you want to add some extra mods ...

- Bookmark groups (or folders)
- Mutilple delete
- Rename book mark

would be useful.

Groups would be useful (though may be a step to far) but perhaps the marks could be grouped under board titles?

How about auto add your own new threads (ie. threads an individual starts - not just posts to)

vegas
Charter Member

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2006, 12:01:13 PM »

- Mutilple delete
- Rename book mark

would be useful.

Groups would be useful (though may be a step to far) but perhaps the marks could be grouped under board titles?

How about auto add your own new threads (ie. threads an individual starts - not just posts to)

I would like to second Carol's suggestion as all of these would add more control to MyBookmarks (especially folders/groups).

Thanks, Dave

edit:grammar
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 12:03:04 PM by vegas » Logged
Josh
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2006, 01:20:34 PM »

- Mutilple delete
- Rename book mark

would be useful.

I would like to second Carol's suggestion as all of these would add more control to MyBookmarks (especially folders/groups).

Thanks, Dave

edit:grammar

Consider this a 3rd vote for these features as well.

Strength in Knowledge
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2007, 11:27:22 PM »

some sort of sorting options (by date/author/etc..) would be a nice complement for this fantastic feature.. smiley

vegas
Charter Member

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2007, 05:43:26 AM »

Please do add more informations! mouser?
last post date - poster / original post date - poster / # of posts / and if possible add a tag or category so they can be sorted

Pleeeze Wink
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 07:45:30 AM »

Some way to sort these bookmarks is definately needed, before I end up needing a My Bookmarks page for my bookmarks page.  tongue

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.044s | Server load: 0 ]