ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

CD Ripping

<< < (2/7) > >>

mouser:
I just remembered the cd ripping software i liked the most:
Easy CD-DA Extractor
http://www.poikosoft.com/

Maybe we can try to get a discount on the best shareware rippers once we get a consensus about the top ones.  Or maybe someone feels up to doing a big review comparing them all (free+shareware)?

f0dder:
cdex is good for quick and dirty, although if you want really quick and don't have a fast processor, you'll want to use another mp3 encoder than LAME (and suffer worse quality).

In the old days, I used to use AudioCatalyst (which seemed very similar to AudioGrabber), which had blazing fast burst-mode rip speed and the pretty fast XING codec... quality kinda sucked though, compared to other solutions.

Personally, these days I wouldn't use anything but EAC+LAME+AccurateRip since I do archival-quality ripping (which also means I encode with the lossless FLAC, and will transcode from that when I get a new MP3 player, whenever that be).

kanomie:
Easy CD-DA Extractor is a very easy to use and full featured audio software, it rips protected cd's to a lot of codecs and then burns it too if needed. (has lifetime updates which is very good)

However for the ripping part i think dbpoweramp reference version is the best, here is a link why http://www.dbpoweramp.com/secure-ripper.htm

Bad news is only the power pack version has lifetime updates and there is no burner included.

Also dbpoweramp uses and is the maker of accuraterip, Easy CD-DA Extractor has been excluded of accuraterip.

I use both programs and like them both very much

Josh:
I also recommend Easy CD-DA extractor. This is by far the easiest, and most feature filled software available. If you want a freeware solution, EAC gets lots of raves, however I have not been able to get it to work on my computers. If you dont mind paying, Easy CD-DA is by far your best solution.

lanux128:
i'd go for AudioGrabber (freeware since v1.8x). but if you're in the browsing mood, check out, www.mp3machine.com and www.audioutilities.com. they've listed & categorized tons of tools.. 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version