ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

CD Ripping

(1/7) > >>

dMbTiger:
Up to now I've occasionally ripped a CD or two with Windows Media Player.  Anyone who's done this knows it's exceedingly slow.  My girlfriend has a lot of CDs and I just bought her a new 30GB iPod.  If she wants to rip her CD collection to put it on the iPOD, it will probably take well into the next century to fill it using Media Player.  I'm hoping there is some really fast software out there that might make the job easier.  Anyone have any suggestions?

dMb

Veign:
I like CDex:
http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/

Nighted:
winLAME & Audiograbber are decent enough for what you want probably. You will get errors from time to time in your rips though.

If you want accurate, there is only one choice, Exact Audio Copy. Using this will require some reading on your part as you must ensure that you follow the proper steps setting it up to work properly.

mouser:
While accurate, Exact Audio Copy can also be blazingly SLOW so that's probably not what you want.
Audiograbber is pretty fast.

Veign:
CDex is fast and I have never had a hiccup with ripping.  Once you get yourself a CDDB key (free) it will name all the tracks for you - probably done this way since its open source, not sure...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version