ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software for planning wood bookcases/cabinets/tables etc?

<< < (22/77) > >>

mouser:
losing the cabinet puts the stove in a better place
--- End quote ---

i'm not sure -- it's better in that it's recessed and closer to sink.. its worse in that the whole point of this change is to open up the two rooms and now it would be harder to talk with dining room people from the new stove position compared to old.  at least a little.

cranioscopical:
its worse in that the whole point of this change is to open up the two rooms and now it would be harder to talk with dining room people from the new stove position compared to old.-mouser (April 06, 2010, 06:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yebbut, you have to consider your guests! They might prefer you to shut the heck up and get on with the cooking!  ;)

Mainly, though, moving the stove is the only way I can see that obviates your anxieties about both stability and construction, by providing a top surface that is also an anchor.  Unless... you take another tack and make the cabinet both free-standing and mobile.

mouser:
If i had an extra $3,000 i could use a separate cooktop and wall oven like so:
Software for planning wood bookcases/cabinets/tables etc?

in many ways that seems to be the best of all worlds, albeit the most expensive one by a wide margin.

cranioscopical:
If i had an extra $3,000 i could use a separate cooktop and wall oven like so: (see attachment in previous post)
in many ways that seems to be the best of all worlds, albeit the most expensive one by a wide margin.
-mouser (April 06, 2010, 06:53 PM)
--- End quote ---
In my ever so humble opinion, one of the best investments you can make is in improving the quality of life. If you plan on staying where you are for a while it might be well worth the extra cost. Solves your wall cupboard issue, the 'island' stability issue, and warms those chilly feet of yours.

Darwin:
Would you be haning a range hood/extractor fan over the cooktop? Just wondering...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version