ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

So you want to write a review...

<< < (3/3)

Veign:
Good point, and I did that, as have others, by posting a topic like this one long before the review was posted to get a conversation started and some feedback from others.
-zridling (September 13, 2005, 01:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly...

mouser:
i do have a template outline to help new reviews get started, but i could use some updating.

m_s:
Do you have time to give it a look soon?  Or just send it along to me via pm, and I'll see what I can make of it.  (I have no experience at all writing on software, though I got my first computer for my 10th birthday and I'm now 36, so I have played around a bit with them.  But I have published hundreds of reviews of poetry books, and maybe that counts for something!)

mouser:
here's the review template, for anyone who is interested:

https://www.donationcoder.com/MemberDownloads/DonationCoderCom_ReviewTemplate.zip

some of the practices of writing any review will surely carry over.  the reall tricky part about our reviews is the fact that we try to identify a "best" tool in an entire class - this is really the source of the difficulty in our reviews and can make it a bit nerve wracking.

if the two part thing is taken advantage of, it can help alot, because it gives a week for people to suggest programs that might have been missed. and as zaine and veign have said, its super helpful to have a running discussion on the tools way ahead of time on the review.

if you decide to do a review of calendar tools we should just pick a date and then we can start a new thread in the ASRT (advance software reconnaisaince team) section where people can make suggestions, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version