topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 9:23 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Maniac Mansion Mania  (Read 3455 times)

Crush

• Joined in 2006
  • Hello dude!
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Maniac Mansion Mania
« on: February 25, 2007, 03:53 PM »
One of the greatest games I ever played that led to the world of grafic adventures was Maniac Mansion on my beloved C64  :-* (rest in peace ... until I start CCS64 again  :)).

A few years ago some MM fans started to create http://www.maniac-mansion-mania.de.
Different creators started a game with different seasons each consisting of 10 episodes and even differnt special (Halloween 2005/2006 and others).
All together are about 80-90 parts till now and the developement on new adventures is still going on.
If you want to create new stories on your own, you´ll get a lot of places, animations and gfx at the resources - so you can quickly start the fun!

Of course the stories are extremely different, sometimes with following plots or continued stories connecting on former parts. The grafics are in most cases better than the original games and the stories are sometimes totally crazy. You have to solve mysteries, fight against flesh eating zombies, find killers, explore deep dungeons, fight against the meteor again, escape from edna´s love, attend crazy experiments, manage blind dates and make many many more funny adventures. You play a huge variation of figures like the meteor police, Bernard, tentacles, Ed, Dr. Fred, Britney, Syd, Dave, Sandy, Razor, Inspector Clouso, Hoagie, Jeff, Michael and other new characters at different places, times, parallel-universes and dreams with several sidekicks at other games like Zak Mc Kracken and monkey island. Some of the games are now translated to english: http://www.maniac-ma...ia.de/international/

There´s a really huge Maniac Mansion galaxy to explore (especially if you understand german  :))!

« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 04:31 PM by Crush »

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Maniac Mansion Mania
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 12:49 AM »
Hmm, interesting - dunno what to think of some of those stories, "flesh eating zombies" doesn't fit too well with the Maniac Mansion style. MM, Zak and DOTT were some of my favourite games, so I'd be pretty annoyed if somebody screwed them up.

Some of the games are now translated to english
-Crush
Grmbl, why can't people just realize that they should do things in English to begin with, selfish bastards >_<
- carpe noctem