ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Installing office 2007 gets me a consistent 20-30% increase in Explorer's CPU?

(1/2) > >>

urlwolf:
Hi,

I don't know if this is common, or not.
Installing office 2007 gets me a consistent 20-30% increase in Explorer's CPU. according to process explorer, even when the computer is iddle, the process is taking 1/4th of the CPU!

I know that Office 2007 was supposed to be a resource hog, but this is explorer itself. I think this is the only new application I have installed. It's probably worth it, but I'm sure my batteries are going to last very little. If this is normal behavior, we better start carrying a car battery with us and the laptop...

Have you experienced anything similar?

urlwolf:
I forgot to say, it feels like the entire system is being interrupted: scrolling in firefox is slower, Moby's DC popup application slowed down when showing a window, etc...

Josh:
I have o2k7 running on several pc's with no issues like you describe.

CWuestefeld:
Installing office 2007 gets me a consistent 20-30% increase in Explorer's CPU. according to process explorer, even when the computer is iddle, the process is taking 1/4th of the CPU!-urlwolf (February 04, 2007, 09:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

No such problem here  :huh:. I've been using Office 2007 since the first beta, and never run into this. Checking Process Explorer right now, explorer.exe is registering 2% or less consistently.

f0dder:
Sounds weird... does office2007 come with some indexing service or similar?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version