ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: A form program to make forum posts consistant

<< < (2/3) > >>

superboyac:
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I still think having a standalone forum post editor application would be more useful, and users can load templates to do the same thing that is described here, only it's more flexible because we can also load other templates to standardize other types of posts also.  Just my thoughts.

Either way, it's a good idea.

urlwolf:
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I still think having a standalone forum post editor application would be more useful, and users can load templates to do the same thing that is described here, only it's more flexible because we can also load other templates to standardize other types of posts also.  Just my thoughts.

Either way, it's a good idea.
-superboyac (February 08, 2007, 05:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

yeah, I second that. Something like windows live writer but for forum posts. i.e. it should be able to adapt to bbCode, SMF code, etc, and show you a preview. It should enable automatic uploading of pictures, etc.

But, wait... that'd be more time spent posting.. maybe not such a good idea :)

binaryshadow:
i can understand how all these options you guys are suggesting might seem wonderful for a diverse posting program. but what i am trying to accomplish is to keep all of the posts consistent. No extra user options means uniformity.

superboyac:
i can understand how all these options you guys are suggesting might seem wonderful for a diverse posting program. but what i am trying to accomplish is to keep all of the posts consistent.
-binaryshadow (February 08, 2007, 08:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Using something like templates should keep it just as uniform as what you are trying to do.  You just load the template (in this example, a template for a short program minireview), and you fill in the blanks, just like in the graphic you posted above.  Only, you can also load other templates as well, or use the editor to write something from scratch.

Don't get me wrong, what you're asking for is great, I was just suggesting we expand it to be able to do other kinds of posts, not just minireviews.  But if someone wants to do it just for a minireview, that's great.  Anything's better than nothing, right?

PS If you look at this thread:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=4569
Someone already made a template specifically for minireviews.  It's not quite as standalone and easy to use as what you're suggesting, but it's there. 

No extra user options means uniformity.
--- End quote ---
I think a lot of people here at DC might not agree with this.  Isn't the ability to customize what separates us from Mac folk?  I think you'll see that a lot of the software talked about here is lauded specifically for their many options and flexibility.  But I understand where you're coming from as far as forum posts are concerned.

binaryshadow:
If you are still interested, id do it. Its about 30 mins worth of work (if that  ;D)
-chedabob (February 08, 2007, 02:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

I would still appreciate it if you could do that for me :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version