ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: A form program to make forum posts consistant

(1/3) > >>

binaryshadow:
I want to create a forum when programers can list thier work, but i want a standard format to be followed. To accoplish this i figured a simple progam could help. here is the layout i came up with on my friends Visual Studio 2005 (using visual basic i guess) i do not know how to program and was curious if anyone could help. Plus if it was open source other forums could modify the code for thier own sites.. Is this a good idea or what?

IDEA: A form program to make forum posts consistant

let me know if more details are needed and thank you for your time and efforts.

superboyac:
binaryshadow, I think it is a fantastic idea.  It's similar to something I've been trying to muster up some interest for here in the past.  My original idea (which is almost the same as yours) was to create a standalone program where we can write and save our posts (and maybe even preview them with all the formatting, although this is not vital) and then cut/paste it into the actual forum.  The program should have all the same formatting buttons (image link, list, bold, italic, font, color, etc.) as the formatting buttons available in the DC forum.

Using a program like I described above, it can also load "templates" that will allow the posts to be consistent.  For example, there can be a minireview template that a user will load, and all the appropriate formatting bbcode will appear, and the user just needs to fill in the text content.  This is essentially what your program does, it will act like a template that keeps posts consistent.

The great thing is that someone has already created a bbcode editor in AHK script, and if it can be modified to be specific for our DC forum, it would be just perfect.  I don't know how hard or easy that is to do, but I've talked about it in a thread here:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=6194.0

Anyway, I hope that something like this can be accomplished.

jgpaiva:
This looks to me like (almost) reinventing the well.
Usually, software is descripted by PAD files.
A PAD file is formated in XML and i'm almost sure that there must be tons of parsers out there. So, it'd be the way that'd make more sense for programmers to submit information about their programs to your site, i suppose.

chedabob:
If you are still interested, id do it. Its about 30 mins worth of work (if that  ;D)

binaryshadow:
i am defiently interested!! Thank You! If at all possible could you include the coding for it so i can attempt to figure out how it is done? Again thank you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version