Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 22, 2014, 10:47:01 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2013! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: a batch Zip program  (Read 4470 times)
ranmaphreak
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: February 01, 2007, 07:35:51 PM »

I have always thought it would be nice to be able to select multipul folders and insted of just zipping them all into one zip file having the option to zip each folder into its own zip file.

For example

C:\my pictures\ would have 4 folders named wedding day, Hawii Vacation, Flordia Vacation, and Baby Pictures

I would like each of these folders and there subdirectories in seprate zip files not have to make each one seprately. Keep in mind I would probably have many more catagories such as 100 catagories however i shortened it for the sake of not having to write out all 100 catagories.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 07:42:57 PM »

You can do this with my Drag+Drop Robot:
http://www.donationcoder....ouser/dragdrop/index.html

just be prepared for a little bit of a learning curve.
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 11:11:48 PM »

also you can use WinRAR, which came out tops in DC's  Best Archive Tool review..

just select all the folders that you want to archive, and click 'Add to Archive'. In the ensuing dialog, go to 'Files' and check 'Put each file to separate archive'. that's all..

nite_monkey

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 01:45:27 PM »

Now since when did winrar do that? I wish I knew about that before.

[Insert really cool signature here]
iphigenie
Supporting Member

curiosity FTW!

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 04:02:18 PM »

its also an option in total commander

« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 04:04:36 PM by iphigenie » Logged
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 01:34:35 AM »

Yay! I just downloaded the latest version of WinZip trying to get this feature and found out from this site it was in my old version of WinRar all this time!

What a timesaver!

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 07:39:05 PM »

yes, WinRAR is quite feature-rich.. smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.037s | Server load: 0.14 ]