ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Ripoff Britain strikes again ... this time with Vista Pricing

<< < (6/6)

f0dder:
"about 50% of all pirated Windows programs came with Trojans pre-installed on them."

--- End quote ---
Sounds like a false claim, part of a scare tactic against piracy.

Curt:
Maybe it is a false claim.

---

I now realize this thread should have been a single post in the thread "Ripoff Britain strikes again...". Will someone move it, please?

Curt:
According to the newspapers, Vista Ultimate costs 600€ here in Spain. And I thought it was too much money for a SO, but $728 is insane...-Lashiec (February 02, 2007, 05:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

8)  You might want to use Firefox and ViewMyCurrency...

Firefox screenshot of your post:

Lashiec:
8)  You might want to use Firefox and ViewMyCurrency...
-Curt (February 22, 2007, 11:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nice extension! I'll give it a try when I get the new computer (without Vista ;D)

I think the trojan included in Windows is not exactly a trojan, but the only 'way' to have Vista without paying for it (illegally, I say, because there are legal ways to have it for free). I'm not exactly confident about this affirmation, but I swear the guy whose computer I tried Vista on, had to apply a patch to 'overcome' the Microsoft lock-on which was based on a Trojan (something about manipulating the clock and stopping certain service). It didn't work, by the way, and he opted for the 'legal' way, that is, getting a copy at the university :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version