ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

snap.com search. gimmick or great tool?

(1/1)

nudone:
i did i quick search on the DC forum but couldn't find anything relating to snap.com - i'm not saying there isn't a thread already about it, i just can't remember one.

anyway, www.snap.com a new way to search the internet. again.

i've had a quick go - i wouldn't call it super fast (maybe it's my connection) but once you are presented with the results i can see how it might make your final selection or page choice a bit quicker - snap.com provides quite large thumbnails for the websites in the search results.

is this any better than just clicking on the search results in google - that bit i'm not too sure of.

urlwolf:
You can get icons in google searches too by using the FF plugin googlePreview. Pretty neat. Another good plugin is CustomizeGoogle.

nudone:
snap.com isn't so hot. i did a few searches and the preview images aren't there for everything (understandably, i suppose) so the whole point of it kind of falls apart.

urlwolf, i might try the google plugins you mention but i'm primarily a maxthon user so firefox plugins don't help too much.

Ruffnekk:
 :D lmao @ your avatar nudone

nudone:
:D lmao @ your avatar nudone
-Ruffnekk (February 01, 2007, 03:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

don't tell me that bird it messing about again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version