ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for finance app

<< < (14/14)

superboyac:
Yeah, beware of any kind of direct online sync with your bank account.  Most of the time, they have fees.  The annoying thing about it is that they don't make it clear that it has fees until it's pretty much too late.  It's so shady.

Deozaan:
Speaking of Online Banking... well this is a little different, but take a look at this:

Online Savings Accounts

If your bank is like mine, your savings account is making something near 0.25% interest annually. Well, this page (from GetRichSlowly.org) reviews online savings accounts that have rates from 2.75% to 3.85% APY.

Apparently ING Direct is the most recommended because you don't have to jump through hoops or "play any games" to get the advertised rate, plus if you get a referral they will give you $25 to help start your savings account. Check it out and find what's right for you if you want to make a little more interest on your savings.

J-Mac:
Old, old thread we're posing in here!  Since it was "resurrected" last moynth, I haven't seen any mention of Expensr.com.  It is an online Web 2.0 app that mimics - to an extent, I'm sure, what Quicken and Money do from your desktop.  I took a quick look but I was hoping to find some feedback from those already using it before I gave it a real try.

I've used Quicken since about 1998, but on and off.  I was using Quicken 2006 Deluxe up until early February of this year but then it somehow got corrupted. (More on that in a separate thread).  Before I reinstall Quicken I thought it was a good time to look around and see what else was out there.

Has anyone used Expensr.com?

Thanks!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version