ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

JAlbum v7 Released - One of the Best Web Photo Album Creators (free)

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
JAlbum is one of the very best web photo album creator programs.  Version 7 was just released (history) and has some major improvements to the user interface, which is packed with options.

I've used JAlbum in the past and it's a great program with tons of different web skins that effect how your photo album looks and behaves.

Some people prefer server-based photo album software, for which there are also some good free scripts (Gallery is the big kid on the block here).  But many people prefer to have the pages generated on their local pc and then uploaded.  JAlbum is like that.  All pages are generated statically for you and you just upload the results (or let the program upload them for you).

ps. It's called JAlbum because it's written in Java - works on windows/mac/*nix.

http://jalbum.net/

JAlbum v7 Released - One of the Best Web Photo Album Creators (free)

Keilup:
I agree with Mouser - this is one of the best.  I've been using it since about version 4 I believe.  It's certainly one of the most flexible ones available - lots of options.  Of course lots of options often leads to a little complexity.  It can take a little to figure out how to tweak all the various stuff.  But if you just want to get an album out there quickly, it can be done.  Having so many nice web skins available makes this possible.

If you're looking for a client side album generator, I highly recommend you check this one out.  Now off to see what nice changes have been made with this major release.

sri:
What advantages does this have over Menalto Gallery (server side script)?

Josh:
I've used this before and I have to say that it is a great application if you require client side gallery generation. Nothing beats this. However, I prefer having a server side solution where I can simply upload files and be done with it. For this, I use gallery 2 and I love it. But like I said, this is the best of the best if you require client side generative capabilities.

mateek:
I'm adamant to find a photo album that'll compile on a calendar.  I found one, but they never got the bugs out, and they don't seem to be developing the software anymore.  http://snaplog.com/  I prefer to upload my own files.  I hope they add that feature. 

I haven't found the time to try JAlbum.  Do they have the calendar format, to links, to albums?  None of those type of program seem to include that diary type chronological stuff I'm looking for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version