topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 3:36 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Another ClipBoard and text manager etc.  (Read 8582 times)

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Another ClipBoard and text manager etc.
« on: August 19, 2005, 04:14 PM »
Just thought I'd let people know about JGSoft's AceText.

It does a lot of the thing Clip&Spell does and more. You may like to ckeck out the trial version.

See www.acetext.com

and for other JG Soft software (including EditPad Pro and Free versions) www.jgsoft.com

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Another ClipBoard and text manager etc.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 04:34 PM »
nice. jgsoft have some really nice programs, including a really nice search+replace tool and regular expression helper.

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 04:48 PM »
Yea, but it's crazy not to offer a trial version of RegexBuddy according to JGSoft:

There is no free evaluation version of RegexBuddy.

But you're welcome to buy it first, and then go through the trouble, expense, and wait to get your money back if you don't like it. Is anyone else online that brave?

jpfx

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 05:06 PM »
I have regex buddy but find it difficult to use for perl regex, inasmuch that it's always quicker to google for answers (so far).
Could be me but if it's going to make regex easier then it has to be simple to use.
       |\      _,,,---,,_         
ZZZzzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;, 
      |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'    
     '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)

Carol Haynes

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 06:06 PM »
I have to say I really like JGSoft as a company. They respond to queries quickly and their software is good quality and regularly updated.

I do have a copy of RegExBuddy, but I can't honestly say I have used it enough to comment on any short comings. EditPad Pro is an excellent product (and there is even a free version available), and AceText has lots of good things to it.

To be honest I bought AceText quite a while ago and shortly afterwards reinstalled Windows and forgot to install AceText again. It was neat to rediscover it today when I got an update email from them!

If you want to give RegEx a go, personally I would trust them on the 3 month offer - but as you say it is a bit odd they don't offer a time limted trial.

Incidentally some of their software is fully functional without purchase. HelScribble works fine, it is complete and doesn't expire but includes a footnote on help pages when the program isn't registered (which are removed as soon as the prog is registered so no work is lost). Also DeployMaster is fully functional, you just aren't allowed to distribute built applications without a license.

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 09:52 PM »
Raising a dead topic here, but I'm a latecomer to the community, I missed it first time around ;)

Anyway, AceText is a great program.  I used Clipmate for years -- and still hail it as the grandfather of clipboard extenders and without a doubt the most robust/feature rich -- but has become a bit too robust for my taste.  AceText came along just in time -- it's featherlight, powerful and has great keyboard support.  As a long time fan of JGSoft's products, I found its interface very easy to get used to -- his products are semi-homogeneous in that way.  Yay AceText.  I use it daily -- as well as CH+S -- the latter is especially handy with ctrl+alt+q 's menu.

Where RegexBuddy is concerned, I'm not sure why it's his one product that has no trial (even his 150.00 grep tool has a trial! ) -- but I've used a lot of regex applications and RegexBuddy is hands down the best.  RegexCoach is probably my second choice -- but it's no RegexBuddy.

That said, if you are completely green to regular expressions, RegexBuddy isn't your ticket out of learning them.  While it's the most user-friendly regex editor I've used, you still need to be familiar with the logic of regex to make it work its magic.  It comes with a great tutorial, though -- and JGSoft's own Regex Website provides a great guide for novices as well as a refresher for seasoned users.

I really, really enjoy working with regular expressions -- which is a big reason I'm such a fan of JGSoft's products -- they're all very well support regex -- EditPad Pro's find/replace box even has regex syntax highlighting! Mmm, Regex.  ( I know, regex love isn't natural . . . oh well, what can you do?)

Carol Haynes

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 02:46 AM »
I know, regex love isn't natural . . . oh well, what can you do?

Cody can provide counselling if required ...

Alternatively drinking can distract you long enough to go cold-turkey.

Rover

• Master of Smilies
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 09:38 PM »
Cody can provide counselling if required ...

Alternatively drinking can distract you long enough to go cold-turkey.

Carol, I think I love you  :-*

It's your little bits of humor (and the twirling girl skater) that just do it for me  ;)

[for the humor impared: this is said in jest]  :D
Insert Brilliant Sig line here
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 09:40 PM by Rover »

Carol Haynes

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 02:59 AM »
happy_face_blushing_lg_wht.gif

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 07:07 AM »
If you want to give RegEx a go, personally I would trust them on the 3 month offer - but as you say it is a bit odd they don't offer a time limted trial.

I did just that and had no trouble getting a refund whatsoever, though they did write back asking to clarify why I wanted a refund.