ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SuperboyAC's DC blog #2 (Live Search feature in software)

<< < (2/15) > >>

peteg05:
WOW! Great post :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

I've never heard of MP3RAT before but it looks like its exactly the tool I was looking for.

Maybe this report is a good reason to ask for a Donationcoder Discount.  ;) ;) ;)

Many thanks!!!
peteg

Crush:
the live search feature isn´t included in my Directory Opus 6.1
What version is this?

mouser:
please remember to send a credit or something to post authors to support their work.
even if you only send them 0.10 credits (10 cents) it's still a nice thing.

superboyac:
Self-promotion warning: A major motivation for my writing my clipboard tool (Clipboard Help+Spell) was wanting to add a live search feature :)
-mouser (February 16, 2007, 03:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
Oh!  I didn't even realize CHS had the live search in there.  That's awesome.  I only use CHS for quickpasting clips, I barely ever open up the console window.  That's great, now I can search through my clips in style!

Nice post! Azureus (http://azureus.sourceforge.net/) features find-as-you-type too, very helpful indeed.
--- End quote ---
I did not know that, and I used to use Azureus a long time ago.  I'll check it out, maybe it's a new feature.  Oh, I see, it just pops up as you start typing.  That's really good actually.  I would say that it gets a 10, just off of an initial glance.  It's done very well.

WOW! Great post :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

I've never heard of MP3RAT before but it looks like its exactly the tool I was looking for.

Maybe this report is a good reason to ask for a Donationcoder Discount.  ;) ;) ;)

Many thanks!!!
peteg
-peteg05 (February 16, 2007, 11:14 AM)
--- End quote ---
MP3rat is a good program.  It hasn't been updated for a long time, however.  The only part of it I don't like is that sometimes it crashes when I want to import a large amount of files into the database, and it takes a few tries before it works without crashing.  Also, sometimes it adds weird characters and symbols into my tags, I don't understand why, maybe I don't tag properly (but I use Tag&Rename!) so I don't really know.  I just blame this stuff on the fact that the program hasn't been actively developed for a long time.

the live search feature isn´t included in my Directory Opus 6.1
What version is this?
-Crush (February 16, 2007, 11:26 AM)
--- End quote ---
No, it was introduced in the v8 line, and only after several updates.  Probably sometime around v8.1 or so.

iphigenie:
I must say i really like the live search feature in Opera mail - i have not seen many mail clients to that. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version