ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SuperboyAC's DC blog #2 (Live Search feature in software)

<< < (11/15) > >>

Darwin:
Just press the Shift key as you type and you are immediately and incrementally put in the proper directory. The same works for files in the File View. Or, you can use the Spell search function (just enter the "|" character). I agree that not all those extremely powerful options are obvious at first, but generally it pays off to browse throughout the help file and learn some of those. You'll reach an extraordinary productivity!
-yksyks (June 27, 2008, 12:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Awesome - thanks yksyks  :Thmbsup:

rjbull:
A nice extra feature of EverNote is that if you put two terms in the search box, it treats them as a Boolean AND, highlighting the search strings in different colours.  Boolean searching is valuable to me.
-rjbull (June 27, 2008, 09:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Aww!!  I never realized that!  That kicks butt!  Evernote was such a great program.-superboyac (June 27, 2008, 10:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's a great feature!  But... it "was" a great program?  It still works here...

AZZ was the very first program that I noticed the feature in years ago.  But it only searched the titles of the cards, not the entire database.

--- End quote ---

That seems to me AZZ's greatest limitation.  The Web site has quite a few user-submitted cardfiles, and the ones that seem to me most successful are the simplest ones.

superboyac:
It's a great feature!  But... it "was" a great program?  It still works here...
-rjbull (June 30, 2008, 09:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, Evernote has moved on to be a web application.  So the standalone version that we're still using is discontinued.  That's all I meant.

rjbull:
Evernote has moved on to be a web application.  So the standalone version that we're still using is discontinued.  That's all I meant.
-superboyac (June 30, 2008, 10:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

OK, I see what you mean, thanks.  I certainly have no plans to move to a Web-based application.

justice:
Not sure if that is correct according to Evernote.com you can "On the web. On your desktop. On your phone.

Everything you put into Evernote is always synchronized across all of your devices. That way, all your memories are available to you wherever you are.
Downloads

* Mac OS X Leopard
    * Windows XP/Vista
    * Windows Mobile
    * Web Clippers
" which seems to suggest there's still a desktop version?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version