ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

This is how you disable those Snap previews you see on alot of blogs nowadays.

<< < (3/3)

jgpaiva:
Try this instead: Click on Options with the left mouse button.  Hold down the right mouse button, and move the mouse over the main part of the bubble, then release the right mouse button, and click on the disable button.
-cthorpe (January 31, 2007, 10:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
Cool, it worked!  :Thmbsup:

app103:
You guys hate this?
I thought it could radically change the way we browse... (less client/server cycles).
-urlwolf (January 31, 2007, 09:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

I actually like the snap previews and would love it if all sites had it for external links. It would save me a lot of time, trouble, and bandwidth if they did.

My browser is supposed to have a feature similar to it built in, but I can't remember how to activate it and it's not mentioned any more in the crappy online help files.

It would be a huge help to me when doing google searches.

jgpaiva:
I have 2 reasons for not like it. The first one is related to it not being part of my browser. I have to hover over the link, it comes up but i have to wait a bit for it to load the image. I don't like that wait.
Also, I frequently use the mouse to help me read (by selecting the text i already read) and this would interfeer too much with that type of reading.

(notice that the first problem could be solved with link prefetching, but i don't like that technique at all)

cthorpe:
Also, I frequently use the mouse to help me read (by selecting the text i already read) and this would interfeer too much with that type of reading.
-jgpaiva (January 31, 2007, 11:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw it.  Some of the kids in my classes use the mouse pointer when reading just like kids use their finger when reading a book.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version