ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

What New Major Feature is Most Important for you in Find and Run Robot?

<< < (3/7) > >>

TucknDar:
jgpaiva: I think I'd have changed my vote from indexing to plugins, so if it's ok with you, we'll just swap votes  :P

nontroppo:
I want both! :P

Mouser, remember the idea of a memory cache too (simply store search results in RAM), that gets the speed of a cache with the simplicity of what FARR does now...

nitrix-ud:
Hi mouser,

i know you'll hate me for telling my most wanted new feature (it's not really a feature...), but i'd like to switch to FARR so much ;)

I'm still using Launchy, because it is much much faster to wake up, and never misses a keystroke...
When i use FARR, the time it opens, it misses 2-3 letters, for example when i launch Power Calculator, when i use FARR, i just have "er" instead of "power"
i'm not that fast a typist (around 60 wpm, maybe 100wpm when using keyboard launcher...) and my computer is quite powerfull (centrino, 1.5giga ram)

My guess is that launchy is faster (maybe not faster, but it does not miss first keystrokes) because it only loads an input box (and then a dropdown list of results) (pretty  much like app rocket...)
I'm pretty sure some people does not feal confortable using FARR because of this, just my two cents...

Keep up the great work, Cheers !! :D

mouser:
nitrix are you using the lastest v2 alphas? I think (hope) they solve this problem. I'll send you the link.

kingcrimson:
Mouser,

If you'd asked this question a while ago, I would have voted for improved speed. But since I got a new computer (and maybe because of search enhancements in FARR 2), I don't think the extra speed is now a priority. I also think that having the directory modifiers helps in the speed department as well.

I vote for the plugin system, especially for indexing the outlook address book, which I think would be a useful feature. Also, I envision a plugin architecture as eventually allowing access to the indices compiled by programs like google desktop, copernic, etc. These results could be assigned a weight, just like the internal FARR results.

Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version