ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

What New Major Feature is Most Important for you in Find and Run Robot?

(1/7) > >>

mouser:
I'm trying to decide which of these two major feature to work on next for FARR:

* Indexing for Faster Search - this would involve building a large database index of drives/directories to facilitate faster searching
* Support for Plugins/Addins - this would involve creating a plugin api so other coders could write custom plugins for generate custom results or searching custom things.
Which one would you like me to work on first?

urlwolf:
I voted for indexing.

Mouser, have you seen an ahk script called 320MPH? This is my current favorite for quicklaunching things. Really well thought of.

lanux128:
Mouser, have you seen an ahk script called 320MPH? This is my current favorite for quicklaunching things. Really well thought of.-urlwolf (January 30, 2007, 10:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
actually it's listed at the top in the 'Related Programs' section in Farr's help.. :)

lanux128:
forgot to mention earlier, i'm going for Plugin Support. btw, Launchy's version 1.0 Final already has this plugin support. among the plugins:

Foxy Plugin (foxy.dll)

The Foxy plugin will automatically load your FireFox bookmarks into the database.  Just search for them as you would applications.
Quick searches: Launchy loads Firefox quick searches and will index the keyword into the database.  Use it like you would a web search.
--- End quote ---
also, folder search & calculator plugins.. hmm.. do their authors lurk in Farr's forums? ;) anyway, more info here -> Launchy v1.0 release notes..

TucknDar:
I voted for indexing, but plugins would be awesome. Bookmark searches like lanux128 described would change the way I launch my bookmarks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version