ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

try my new experiment with HotOrNot pictures!

(1/5) > >>

urlwolf:
Hi,

As some of you know, I do research on cognitive science. It is usual to run experiments over the web. I have great plans for psychology experiments, mainly if they are fun. This one uses HotOrNot pictures, so it should be.

It takes about 20 min. You will see some pairs of pictures repeating, that is normal. By doing this experiment you help me in my research, but no other benefits are implied.

The experiment is not quite ready (I need to iron some bugs out), but you can have a look anyway and help me finding problems before it goes live. Here:
http://hon.mashupslive.com/test/
username jose
passwd    jose
It's protected to avoid google indexing it.

Update: just checked the instructions I sent.
There are two problems with the instructions, here:
"DESCRIPTION: You are invited to participate in a research study that
investigates" (ENDS): it should continue "how people judge attributes
such as attractiveness".
It says "I am the man/woman" where it should say "I am a man/woman" *shrugs*.

Also, it currently loads only the female pictures, no matter what the
participants chose. The coder knows about these problems, and maybe by the time you read this, he'd have fixed it.

PS: I asked Mouser if it's ok to post experiment links here, and he's ok with it. I'm saying this because I don't want to post something that could be considered advertisement (I need to recruit people anyway) in a nice community like ours.

mouser:
Happy to help a long time member test some stuff..  Im not sure if we are actually participating or just helping to test..
ps. it says to click start to begin but there is no start button on my page (Firefox) so i just put in my (fake) email and click ok and im stuck on that page.  maybe the experiment is to see how angry people get when they aren't shown promised hot pictures of the opposite sex?

app103:
maybe the experiment is to see how angry people get when they aren't shown promised hot pictures of the opposite sex?
-mouser (January 29, 2007, 08:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

tomos:
there is no start button on my page
--- End quote ---
ditto / IE

signed: angry young man  ;D

app103:
There is no start button when viewing the page in IE, but there is a red progress bar at the top, that the page with the pics automatically loads after it fills up.

Is this some sort of timer to allow the visitor time to read the page before it automatically begins?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version