ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Searching Outlook items, etc. : contacts, calendar events, todos...

(1/2) > >>

Armando:
Is there a way to do that with FARR?
Right now, each time I want to see a contact (for a phone # or whatever), a "Todo", calendar entry, I need to open Outlook or use x1.
It would be nice if FARR could do something like that (I believe QuickSilver can do that type of stuff) ... Maybe a plugin?
Cheers
A.

mouser:
Yeah i need to get to work on the plugin system to support these kinds of things.. Let me get v2 out the door, then do some work on my other programs, and see if we cant get plugin support implemented in the next few months, sooner rather than later.

Armando:
Yes, of course Mouser : after v2. FARR is already amazing.
A.

sawfoot:
Outlook takes various command line options e.g.

e.g.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12\OUTLOOK.EXE Outlook:Contacts/~$$1

will open a contact specified by the parameter, if you get the name right. Also can do the same for appointments, tasks, mails etc...so you can use outlook in aliases. Obviously search would be good, but this can useful in the meantime.

parelle:
I know that the post in general is referring to Launchy (which I tried before FARR and didn't like as much) but I just tested the Outlook shortcuts listed here with FARR and they work well:
http://lifehacker.com/software/application-launcher/download-of-the-day-launchy-10-windows-232678.php#c916976

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version