ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

cost of running a pc (in the UK)?

<< < (3/10) > >>

Cloq:
Hmm.. not sure if they have a 220v version of this, but here in the states just plug a power strip or ups into this device (assuming all your computer equipment is plugged into the strip and/or UPS) and it will spit out watts and other information. Do the money math from there.  :tellme:

http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/review/kill_a_watt_electric_usage_monitor_review

nudone:
yeah, that's the kind of thing i borrowed from a friend. but he'd lost the instructions so i had no idea what to do with it. you'd think it easy enough to figure it out but it made no sense to me.

he's currently trying to find the instructions so i can try again. i'd go out and buy one but they are about £20 in the UK and i'm not so sure i'm so committed to the cause to spend that much.

f0dder:
Wow, £20 isn't too bad for such a device, really. You can borrow one from power companies in .dk, iirc at least the deposit used to be ~£50.

nudone:
well, yes, £20 isn't so much. it's simply a case of i can hopefully borrow one (with instructions) which will cost me nothing or buy one.

i was going to buy before i found out that my friend had one. i suppose i'm just being tight. if he doesn't find the instructions by the end of the week i'll buy one.

f0dder:
I can perfectly understand you - I probably wouldn't have enough use for one to justify spending even the measly £20 either. After all, I just want to measure my computer and a few other things (TV, gf's laptop) - and after that, I won't need a power meter for quite a while, I expect.

Then again, if you have one lying around, it might come in handy? :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version