Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 23, 2014, 01:51:50 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2010! Download 24 custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Dinosaur strikes back! New Mobysaurus site launched on DonationCoder  (Read 14284 times)
Wordzilla
Forum Search Daemon

Two there should be; no more, no less.

View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: January 26, 2007, 08:54:53 AM »

I love this new site so much and I think it looks much better than the program's namesake site. cheesy cheesy

In addition to the beautiful DC theme, now any user can look for useful information related to this program on our newly launched Help Desk:

And if you like, it's easy to join our DonationCoder.com IRC chat and let us help you, just click on the 'Live Chat' link on the left of the page:

Special Thanks to

nudone, for designing this wonderful DC theme  Thmbsup

jgpaiva and mouser, for offering me advice on site design and scripting

« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 08:59:19 AM by Wordzilla » Logged

mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 09:15:49 AM »

LOVE IT!!!!!!!  Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

I still think the banner could use some dinoauring up.. maybe put the dinosaur on the global and go from blue tint to green tint?
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 11:58:40 AM »

if you wanted the suggestions done that mouser makes above then i can edit the top banner accordingly. as for thanking me for creating the theme - thanks, but i didn't do it. i just created the images with cody on them, mouser has put everything else together.

back to the banner - i think a green instead of blue background would work well - especially if the dinosaur is put over on the globe.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 12:01:36 PM »

Maybe the dinosaur should be smaller than cody and on a leash next to cody (on his right hand side) like his pet?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 12:03:33 PM »

oh and another things - maybe the actual text of the banner should say
"MOBYSAURUS THESAURUS
 for the voraciously wordy"

instead of

"DonationCoder.com
 for software connoisseurs"

it's important that the page be recognizable as part of the dc family but there is no reason we can't have some fun smiley
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 12:08:39 PM »

yes, good idea that it is recognised as part of the DC family and i like the idea of the dinosaur being on a leash - with the white figures removed ?

i don't think the dinosaur needs to be smaller than cody - it might be more fun for it to be a lot larger.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 12:10:53 PM »

it might be more fun for it to be a lot larger.

hehe quite true!
Wordzilla
Forum Search Daemon

Two there should be; no more, no less.

View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 05:45:58 AM »

Maybe the dinosaur should be smaller than cody and on a leash next to cody (on his right hand side) like his pet?

jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 06:05:41 AM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Cavalcader
Charter Member

Live Long & Prosper

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2010, 01:11:16 PM »

Hey, guys, anybody know what happened to the files when moby.donationcoders.com expired? The version of Mobysaurus here on DC is 1.0.55, and the last one on the moby subdomain was a beta of 2.4 (there was a 1024x768 version and one optimized for 800x600). In particular, two filenames came up in my search: moby24beta1.exe and moby24p2.exe.

The only places I can find that host the beta (instead of redirecting to the DC subdomain or the original mobysaurus.com site) want my cell number and a payment to download. Yeah, suuure.

If anybody's got an installer newer than the one on the software page, please reply or attach it here if you could. It's a really outstanding thesaurus and it'd be a shame to have it disappear -- 1.0.55 does seem to work well with Windows 7.  smiley

My Linguistic Profile:
  40% General American English
  30% Yankee
  20% Dixie

What Kind of American English Do You Speak?
Cavalcader
Charter Member

Live Long & Prosper

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 11:07:33 AM »

Aw, c'mon, surely somebody knows what happened...?  Cool

My Linguistic Profile:
  30% Yankee
  20% Dixie

J-Mac
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 11:49:56 PM »

I don’t know what has happened to Mobysaurus development - and I certainly hope that all is well with Anderson - but in spite of the lack of development, V.1.0.5.5 seems to be working fine on Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit here for me.

Thanks!

Jim

"I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath."
Cavalcader
Charter Member

Live Long & Prosper

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 02:01:57 PM »

Yep, it's working well on Win7 Pro 64-bit as well. I sure would like to see what Anderson did with v2, though.

My Linguistic Profile:
  30% Yankee
  20% Dixie

J-Mac
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 02:07:19 PM »

Yeah, me too! I use Mobysaurus regularly. Sure wish it were still being developed!

Thanks!

Jim

"I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath."
ravenlaughs
Supporting Member

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 06:43:11 PM »

So do I, because I can't live without it.

Happiness is a warm reboot
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2011, 06:50:49 PM »

Its Awesome... cheesy

Ya might wanna fix the link though...its donationcoder, not donationcoders lol (Pretty much every link says http://moby.donationcoders.com

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2011, 11:23:45 PM »

http://moby.donationcoder.com/ goes nowhere. Is it taken down?

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2011, 02:39:46 AM »

looks like i need to put up a new version of the web page.
the download is still working: http://www.donationcoder....saurus/moby_thesaurus.exe
ander2255
Participant

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 03:10:53 AM »

Dude (or dudette): How about including a version number with that DL link, just so people don't think an actual new Mobysaurus version has been released (which of course would be a ridiculous notion, but still)?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.045s | Server load: 0.15 ]