ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Humanized Enzo

<< < (3/7) > >>

lanux128:
does lifehacker has something against Farr? i can't find Farr anywhere on their "Application Launcher" section.. ;)

nontroppo:
I do have to admit, that the Enso interface - at least according to the propoganda, um, screencast, is very impressive...

CapsLock takes some getting used to, though i'm happy it finally serves a purpose... ;)

The interface is very slick - a lovely modern serif font with two colours really simplifies the interaction. The use of text selection as a universal interface is really simple - something FARR would benefit from. The idea of actions sits at the heart of the app.

Downsides: incomplete indexing of start menu. having to manually type out everything except for arrow key selection. text selection bugs make e.g. "upper case" command fail.

Enso does have task control that I've wanted FARR to have for a while, though it doesn't work on my system yet!...

mouser:
The use of text selection as a universal interface is really simple - something FARR would benefit from.
--- End quote ---
can you explain more?

nontroppo:
According to the propoganda (reality is it is broke on my system), text selections are avalable for commands, so:

[selection]5+2[/selection] -> '[CAPS] Ca'

Will send the selected text to the calculator - results returned via paste from clipboard. '[CAPS] De' will define the text in the dictionary. Selecting files then: '[CAPS] open with app' will open the selected file in the chosen application. etc.

One neat one: '[CAPS] learn as' will take your selected file/URL and give it a tag, then you can [CAPS] open tag to open that file.

Basically you can do work on selections made in windows.

mouser:
farr now has the ability to send clipboard text to progams it launches, but it doesnt auto capture on each activation.. not sure i would want to do that..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version