ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Your experiences with disc catalogers and most wanted/used features

<< < (4/7) > >>

Nighted:
2 more, both freeware:

CDVista

Visual CD (found this here in these forums actually)

chedabob:
This would be something interested to code.

Although, ive totally ditched all my cds, and I now have a backup of all my important discs on one of my HDDs. CDs are a major pain for me. Im too lazy to label them, put them away somewhere, and then look for them. I used to have stacks of unlabelled cd-rs, or cds without cases.

Crush:
I started to work on it. Even terabyte-HDs aren´t be enough to get all my contents on it. If I calculate further in time the collection will grow without any problems 100 times witin the next 20 years (don´t forget the also increasing size of future contents!). Four or five of them could be enough for the most important. The problem is: What if the HDs blow up? This happens quite often after a few years.

I look forward to the release of the Hyper CD-ROMs that seem at the moment the only solution for this problem: http://www.dntb.ro/users/frdbuc/hyper-cdrom/

KenR:
I purchased a copy of Where Is It? and it is hard to imagine finding anything better. It's fast, collects information from your files as well as public databases. It's catalogs (data files) are pretty compact and you can specify what kind of information you want it to collect. It's very reasonably priced (just under $40) with permanent free upgrades. It has creative and unique features to help you organize and classify your information. It's pretty configurable. If you want a disk cataloger, give this one a try. I'd be very surprised if you didn't like it. If curious, here's a look at the UI.

Darwin:
Ha ha, Ken. You sent me off checking out Broken Cross Disk Manager (which I liked) on this thread and I, too, wound up buying WhereIsIt? (which I love) the night before last. I feel exactly as you do - I can't imagine finding anything better. Note, though, that Crush (OP) did test WhereIsIt? as part of his own shootout and gather that it didn't fit the bill.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version