ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Favorite ZIP/RAR application?

<< < (15/24) > >>

Darwin:
Has there been no word on the effect this policy change will have on existing license holders? If they're not saying anything, maybe anyone who bought a license prior to Dec 2008 (or so, I'm guesstimating here) will continue to enjoy lifetime upgrades... Has anyone written to them yet? If not, I'm game...

f0dder:
The 7z GUI is still very limited, but frankly I almost only use WinRAR's "extract here" and "extract to" context menu folders (when not using a more specialized RAR extractor like SCuN), and "add files to archive..." - and once in a blue moon I browse through an archive looking for a particular file.

f0dder:
Has there been no word on the effect this policy change will have on existing license holders? If they're not saying anything, maybe anyone who bought a license prior to Dec 2008 (or so, I'm guesstimating here) will continue to enjoy lifetime upgrades... Has anyone written to them yet? If not, I'm game...-Darwin (March 12, 2011, 10:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
Haven't seen any mention of this anywhere, except for Jibz' investigations - definitely no emails or anything. Can't remember when I purchased WinRAR, but it's the first app I bought when I finally got a VISA card and could shop online.

Renegade:
I still like ALZip. I was disappointed though when it changed to shareware after I left.

I think there are better options to make money to pay the people that work on the software and help keep software free for people, but oh well. Not my call anymore.

(Freeloader Ambush) You know you want to click...ACK~! EVIL~! CRUCIFY ME~! I'M THINKING ABOUT HELPING PEOPLE PUT FOOD ON THE TABLE... JEEZ MURPHY~! I'M IN LEAGUE WITH SATAN~!

NigelH:
One feature of WinZip that I really liked was the Checkout feature - small writeup here.
I don't recall seeing another (free) zip handling tool with that feature.

Still, I came across Nirsoft's ZipInstaller utility recently. Still need to see how practical it is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version