ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Error with BDS 2006 concerning Indy 10... Help!

(1/2) > >>

Renox:
I have a brand new install of Borland Developer Studio 2006 with a registered copy of Borland C++ Builder 2006. I go to create a new VCL form project and it opens. I add a component under the section of 'Indy Clients'; the component name is 'TIdFTP'... I compile it with defined properties or the default ones and it says, "Please specify the location for the header file"... Okay, no biggie I find the file entitled, "IdExplicitTLSClientServerBase.hpp" under the folder 'Indy 10'... It accepts that but when I go to compile it, it gives me an error saying, "#error Indy 10 does not currently support C++Builder" that was generated in the 'IdWinsock2.hpp' file as part of the coding supposedly... I have no idea why this is happening and I need to fix it because I need to use the "Passive" ftp property on this component for a FTP application ASAP... Plz, let me know if you have any solutions to this because I need to fix this as soon as possible. Thank you for your time!  :D

tchikien:
"Indy 10 does not currently support C++Builder"
--- End quote ---
Reinstall/modify your BDS installation, you must choose indy9 when asked to use indy with C++ Builder.

mouser:
tchikien is exactly right (it does tell you this during install but it's easy to miss).

(ps. you might be able to download the latest Indy10 and build it for c++ builder yourself with a bit of work).

Renox:
ugh... another hour installation lol... j/k! TY guys for the help... Do you know if I will still be able to use the same components and everything or no?

Renox:
Okay... so I tried a fresh install with Indy 9 so that it would cooperate with Borland C++ Builder 2006... I registered the product... I opened BDS 2006... I Started a new VCL Project with a default form... I went to the same "Indy Clients" category and dropped another TIdFTP component and I get more errors... ON A FRESH INSTALL! I even went as to uninstall any earlier versions of the BCB to see if they were conflicting... I have rebooted several times... I, for the life of me, cannot figure this out... I have used google groups to see if anyone else has had this problem... I have found no information anywhere on how to fix it... So, I am at my desperate stage atm... Is there recommendations that you guys have yet? or any ideas as to why it might not work? Here is a screenshot of what happens when I compile the default form with 1 component that I just dropped onto it:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version