ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Small images when pasting?

(1/3) > >>

kproth:
OK - so I'm setting up ScreenCaptor 2.28.06 on a PC I haven't had it on before, and on which I'm not running as admin (if it makes any difference). It installed fine and seems to work pretty much OK, including saving files, etc. But if I copy to the clipboard and then paste into a new Outlook email message, the image looks shrunken. Almost like the DPI setting is too high.  I get the opposite effect if I copy a 72x72 dpi image from MSPaint and paste into an email message - it looks too big. I tried both PNG and JPG.

Is this possibly a bug in the latest rev, or am I doing something wrong?

I'll try backing off to the latest non-beta rev and see if that helps any.

mouser:
you can set the default dpi in screenshot captor.  go to General tab of options and look in bottom center.  may only effect new screenshots.

kproth:
Tried that already. Tried 96 and 72. Tried exiting SC and restarting as well as capturing more images and nothing seemed to work...

kproth:
Confirmed -- 2.25.03 doesn't have this problem, 2.28.06 does. I reinstalled and changed just one setting - from PNG to JPG. The copy/pasted image was approximately half-sized. I tried switching the DPI down to 96, which affects how the file is saved, but made no difference to the clipboard version.

mouser:
Confirmed -- 2.25.03 doesn't have this problem, 2.28.06 does
--- End quote ---

Thank you that's a huge clue.  I've added this to my todo list.  I should have a nice update of SC coming in the next week or two and ill make sure to fix this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version