topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:40 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Borland c++ BUILDER tutorials?  (Read 12040 times)

mahesh2k

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Borland c++ BUILDER tutorials?
« on: May 20, 2007, 10:46 AM »
Hi i 'm looking for some of the Borland C++ builder tutorials.I have borland C++ builder personal.And i have very limited expereince with it.I want to start with some good tutorials like creating text editor or to soem in depth tutorials.Do you know any place where i can get one.?

If you have any expereince with borland then please let me know how can i proceed with it?i tried google and some other Searches but borland have very limited material on the internet.& u know help isn't good otion with borland.DO u know any place where there is open source code for borland C++ builder made applications examples?

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Borland c++ BUILDER tutorials?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 11:19 AM »
The original help files from C++ Builder 6 (you need a free membership account to download it): http://cc.codegear.com/item/24339

And these were taken from my free programming ebooks site:

All of these should be a big help with getting started. Don't forget to take a look at my ebooks site too. Lots of C++ books available for free.

hamradio

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Amateur Radio Guy
    • View Profile
    • HamRadioUSA.net
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 01:48 PM »

Some of this is just helpful information and not necessarily tutorials that I have found while working with the Turbo C++ version of BCB. Maybe you can find some stuff that will help you with your needs. :)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 02:10 PM »
I'm also a big C++ Builder coder and i'm happy to help.  Also don't miss the C++ Builder / Delphi programming school assignments here: https://www.donation...index.php?board=91.0

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 06:08 AM »
Just taking advantage of the thread, something I miss in Dev-C++ regarding Borland Builder (we use version 6 at the university) is the excellent and complete help. Do you know if there's something similar on the Internet (a page, a CHM file...) containing ALL C++ functions (much more like Sun's Java Help)? Thanks.

EDIT: OK, no wonder no one is answering. I didn't read App's post...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 06:45 AM by Lashiec »

SkyIDE

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 05:53 PM »
You can also refer to the help file. There are plenty of examples explaining your way around. Personally, I found the official help file indeed very helpful. Without it, I would have been lost.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 05:57 PM by SkyIDE »

mahesh2k

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 09:13 AM »
Thanks for the help.Anyone knows how to count the line numbers as most of developer text editor do it.Also how can i do the mouse click Highlightcolor effect .if you have tried the SkyIDE then you can understand what i want to say, it has the seperate tabs for each file opened & can count no of line and highlights the line when mouse click is done.

SkyIDE

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 02:57 AM »
Hello mahesh2k

You have to study the compiler output and then extract the line number and the filename when the user clicks on the line with the error. Once you extract the filename, you would know which file to open or just activate if it's already open and once the file is open/active you just need to highlight that particular line number -- the one that you extracted. That's the way I do it.

SkyIDE supports 10 compilers and now I am adding support for Visual C++ Express, the 11th compiler. Each compiler produces different outputs so I did a lot of studying, inspecting their output and some of them are still buggy but I think I just squashed all the bugs. Beta 14 will have bug fixes for LCC-WIN32 one and the Free Pascal one (errors occured due to not enough research).

Some of the compiler outputs are really complicated. The one I found the hardest to work with is "almost everyone's favorite": GNU C++ -- nothing wrong with the compiler itself, it's just that the output it produces is a bit complicated but I got it going :) It was the first compiler that SkyIDE supported.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 03:02 AM by SkyIDE »

SkyIDE

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 04:08 AM »
I re-read your post and I believe I might have misunderstood. I am not sure exactly what you mean and which section you are referring to. Can you please be more specific? I will gladly explain how it is done. Thanks :)

mahesh2k

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 10:43 AM »
Hi SKYIDE

You described me about the compiler error highlighting,which is not what i want.I 'm looking for the line number highlighting that u added to editor.Say when u open up the skyIDE it will open a blank document that has line numbers 1 to so on.. also when you write program and click perticular line it gets highlighted.i want to achive these two effects.

SkyIDE

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 05:55 PM »
Oh that, that's part of the TScintilla component for Delphi and C++ Builder. I didn't add any code for that except changing styles etc. It is done automatically for you.

You can find this component at: http://delphisci.sourceforge.net/

There are two parts that you need to install. The way I make it work is by first compiling the run time version of it scit.bpk in the C6 packages (considering you have C++ Builder 6) folder and then the design time DScit.bpk.

If you have the standard edition of C++, you will have to remove all DB (database) references otherwise compilation will fail.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 05:56 PM by SkyIDE »

mahesh2k

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 06:41 AM »
Thanks SkyIDE.I'll open up another thread so that this thread dont't get flood with code stuff.Please help me with few things,i m passing few question in such manner that any newbie with C++ Builder learn from question that i'm about to post now.please do take some time to answer them.thanking u in advance.