ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > SMF Forum Mods

Is there a better way to handle Gri's posts?

<< < (7/7)

CodeTRUCKER:
Somehow Mouser has been able to police this forum by inculcating in us the motivation to police ourselves.  A rare quality in leadership; indeed, and we are the better for it. 

Regardless of what anyone may think on their first impression, I would suggest that person(s) would do a great disservice to their self and others if one does not take another look.  DC is quite remarkable, besides gaining a better mastery on coding.

The jury is still out on the issues concerning Gri and ourselves.  It would be interesting to return here and see what verdict was rendered, provided we did not err and vindicated ourselves demonstrating we did have the wisdom to judge rightly.

<Edit - Hmmm.... nothing new?>

Clara Listensprechen:
Somehow Mouser has been able to police this forum by inculcating in us the motivation to police ourselves.  A rare quality in leadership; indeed, and we are the better for it.  

Regardless of what anyone may think on their first impression, I would suggest that person(s) would do a great disservice to their self and others if one does not take another look.  DC is quite remarkable, besides gaining a better mastery on coding.

The jury is still out on the issues concerning Gri and ourselves.  It would be interesting to return here and see what verdict was rendered, provided we did not err and vindicated ourselves demonstrating we did have the wisdom to judge rightly.

<Edit - Hmmm.... nothing new?>
-CodeTRUCKER (December 07, 2007, 06:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well I have an update for you, although it appears that Gri has become a non-issue since the post I'm replying to has been posted. Gri's quest has been directed to my board and I've set up a section for him there. I've set up 2 SMF boards for him to be Admin on so that he has greater resources at his disposal.  Why? I figured out what he wanted (for the most part, anyway) and while he's become a non-issue for you guys all this time, I have a related question about YOUR board...the second SMF board I've seen that has a "threaded view" in place, and I'd like to know what setting you set or what file you modify to get this.

Gri's quest is basically a trackback of a discussion, but the ability to view the linktree where even individual postings are mapped out is a good alternative, and I for one have an interest in just such a capability. A picture of what I'm talking about was taken of that other board:

Ideally looking for a function that looks like this, which is an archive of a now-defunct DCScripts.com board

This is the thing I want to know how to do, and it's something that is applicable to what Gri has been looking for as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version