Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 17, 2014, 10:42:47 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2010! Download 24 custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: IDEA: OCR & paste  (Read 22353 times)
ronriel
Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2008, 02:02:51 AM »

I guess you are talking about something like this. cheesy * r-OCR.zip (329 KB - downloaded 318 times.)
I have been using this for months now and is quite useful.

It's written in Autoit3 v3.2.12.0 and requires MS Office 2003 or 2007 Document Imaging installed.

Check here for more information: Microsoft Office Document Imaging Visual Basic

-ronriel
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2008, 02:45:03 AM »

nice work, ronriel. it sounds like jOCR which i use but much simpler. Thmbsup

belgske
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2009, 11:21:53 AM »

any new stuff to mentionhere ?
I am looking for this desktop OCR for some time now without succes.
I hope mouser can add it to Screenshot Captor one day.
I need it a lot because text in error popups cannot be selected with the mouse . When I want to send the text of an error message to a helpdesk of the software supplier  I need to send a screenshot captor image or retype the message manually...
Roger
yksyks
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2009, 01:05:55 PM »

To belgske:

For capturing standard error popups you don't need OCR, try the free utility CountChars. Not new, though...
PhilB66
Supporting Member

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2009, 01:27:25 PM »

Capture text from window or control
rjbull
Charter Member

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2009, 05:35:16 AM »

When I want to send the text of an error message to a helpdesk of the software supplier  I need to send a screenshot captor image or retype the message manually...

Have you tried pressing Ctrl-C with the focus on the error message?  I think that should send a text-only version of the message to the clipboard.  If you want an image as well, you could try CopyMessageBox by Thyante Software.

belgske
Supporting Member

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2009, 12:04:38 PM »

thanks for all suggestions,
googling for 'text grabber' and 'text scraping' I found more than 7 candidates for the job but none of them give me complete satisfaction.
Countchars and sysexporter are not bad but none of them work in all cases....
 was surprised to learn that ctrl+c could do the job , I know it works in the calculator of windows for example to copy the result but so far I was not able to use ctrl+c to copy text from an error screen. I still believe it would be a nice addon for screenshot capture ..
Roger
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.031s | Server load: 0.08 ]