ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

IDEA: OCR & paste

<< < (5/7) > >>

kartal:
kleptomania`s success rate is not very high.I have tried it in xyplorer and gave me gibberish for example.

one could -stupidly- argue that it's OCR performed by the user as opposed to the computer :)
-murple (February 08, 2007, 06:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

I thought that was traditionally known as "reading"   8)

I would love to have a program which would allow me to select part of my screen, perform OCR on it and copy the recognized text to the clipboard.

--- End quote ---

That's exactly what Kleptomania does.

I'd like to conjure up a tiny application which allows you to "write directly to the clipboard" in the easiest, fastest most intuitive and least intrusive way. I'd call it ClipWrite.

--- End quote ---

Good luck with that, but, you could always keep a small fast editor like TED Notepad running in the background?

-rjbull (February 12, 2007, 03:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

yksyks:
I would love to have a program which would allow me to select part of my screen, perform OCR on it and copy the recognized text to the clipboard.
--- End quote ---

I'm using for this purpose JOCR. Not very new, not always 100 % reliable, but free, simple and does what it's supposed to.

kartal:
It looks like JOCR requires Msoffice to be installed? I do nto have it and it gives me error.

--- End quote ---

I'm using for this purpose JOCR. Not very new, not always 100 % reliable, but free, simple and does what it's supposed to.
-yksyks (August 17, 2008, 02:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

yksyks:
It looks like JOCR requires Msoffice to be installed? I do nto have it and it gives me error.
-kartal (August 17, 2008, 02:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

You're right, I completely forgot it, sorry. From the website:

JOCR requires Microsoft Office 2003 or higher version.
--- End quote ---

Anyway, for MS Office users it's quite useful tool.

rjbull:
kleptomania`s success rate is not very high.I have tried it in xyplorer and gave me gibberish for example.
-kartal (August 16, 2008, 05:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

It doesn't work on very small fonts.  Could that be the problem?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version