topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 9:07 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Microsoft Log Parser 2.2  (Read 3655 times)

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Microsoft Log Parser 2.2
« on: January 19, 2007, 12:08 PM »
I rolled upon this today and tucked it away for a rainy day. It looks like it could be an easy way to add some powerful log creation and parsing capabilities to Windows apps.

Log parser is a powerful, versatile tool that provides universal query access to text-based data such as log files, XML files and CSV files, as well as key data sources on the Windows® operating system such as the Event Log, the Registry, the file system, and Active Directory®.  You tell Log Parser what information you need and how you want it processed. The results of your query can be custom-formatted in text based output, or they can be persisted to more specialty targets like SQL, SYSLOG, or a chart.  Most software is designed to accomplish a limited number of specific tasks. Log Parser is different... the number of ways it can be used is limited only by the needs and imagination of the user.  The world is your database with Log Parser.

The Unofficial Log Parser Support Site
[attachimg=#1][/attachimg]

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Microsoft Log Parser 2.2
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 05:30 PM »
Nice post.. I actually explored Log Parser (quite powerful database driven tool) while writing my own recent "Web Log Filter".