ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

From the makers of CCleaner... Recuva

<< < (2/3) > >>

TucknDar:
Must say I'm very impressed by Recuva. Found ancient deleted files even on my USB pen drive. An only in seconds!

Will be just as valuable as CCleaner!

Nighted:
Handy Recovery....best file recovery program EVER!!!!!!!!!!

www.handyrecovery.com

I'll be checking out this Recuva thing though. I've been using CCleaner since the day I first installed it.

f0dder:
The recovery software that has worked best for me to date is RunTime GetDataBack. It's extremely slow, but has given me ~99% recovery the couple times I've had filesystem crashes.

Curt:
Another fast recovery program is the free Restoration Version 2.5.14 (from Snapfiles) - not as fast as Recuva, but fast anyway: 3 minutes to scan my PC.

Restoration has one clever feature which the other recovery tools mentioned on this thread are missing: it will offer to delete all unrecoverable files found. I clicked 'yes' and was relieved of 10,000 files!

f0dder:
Restoration has one clever feature which the other recovery tools mentioned on this thread are missing: it will offer to delete all unrecoverable files found. I clicked 'yes' and was relieved of 10,000 files!
-Curt (January 24, 2007, 09:57 AM)
--- End quote ---
You weren't "relieve of 10,000 files" - you just made 10,000 files even more unrecoverable :)

I also don't see the point of speed++ in a recovery app, surely the most important feature must be the ability to actually recover stuff? I somehow doubt that the superfast tools are as thorough as the ones that do a full sector-based scan of your disk.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version